I was determined not to let yesterday affect my mood today. I felt so numb and out of it last night, that i knew i had to get my head on straight and FOCUS again.
at about 11am, we packed up some stuff and headed beach-bound....
obvs the dog needed a sunhat too!
bag of essentials. flip flops, towel, sunnies...
i FORGOT my book! :-(
PUGS not DRUGS y'all.
my rockin mothership
walking to....
...our beach-hut!!!
We went for a little stroll when we got there, mainly just to let the dog sniff about and pick up some shells, but its was SUPER hot... I knew that i was supposed to be taking it easy, so despite my brain telling me that i should really go for a power-walk along the beach, cos walking on sand is even better than walking on flat ground.... (blahblahBLAH) I decided to just sit down on the lounger and rest up.
my beach boo... <3
It actually wasnt that hard to just sit and rest. cos i have been SO freaking tired this weekend. i dunno if its all the emotional and mental exhaustion thats getting to me... or maybe its the heat? or maybe just cos i am actually letting myself stop for a hot minute. either way, my body is saying PLEASE lets have a bit more of this good resty stuff. So i shud listen to it, right?? it feels so inherently wrong, but it cant be. its needed. its what my body wants. right??? I mean, it doesnt matter if i gain weight, cos i need to do that anyways... what im doing is the right thing, no matter how bad it gets to me and how guilty i feel.
the reality is: I am NOT lazy, I am NOT going to fall apart because i dont exercise lots.
what IS going to happen is: I am going to get better and feel stronger and therefore be healthy and able to do all the things i want to do. i will not "lose" fitness. Fitness will come when im fit to be fit!
So in conclusion...
i quite like beach days
and relaxing isnt SO bad, i guess!
:-)

You're so lucky! sounds like such a lovely day :). I really wanted to go to the beach yesterday! It was so good that you listened to your body, that is such a big step. So proud of you, ali Ox
ReplyDeletelooks like a really nice afternoon :) and you're so right, your body wants to rest. it's not a machine, it will love you for relaxing a bit! good for you. your dog is cute!!
ReplyDelete