ask me a question here!

Monday, 25 June 2012

show some teeth


I am SOooOoo tired!!! but my perma-grin is still firmly wedged in place after what was a pretty unexciting informal "meet the teachers" meeting after school with the parents of next years newbies.

Blaaaaah. those things are so dull! its certainly not my love of admin that brought me into teaching! haha. So after a full days lessons, im hurried along into the hall where me and the other form teachers for next years year7's sit there, up front on stage so everyone can have a good old gawp (i even had to do a "hi there!" friendly wave when they introduced me, bleurgh!!!) for about half an hour while the headmaster waffled on about how great our school is and FYI, his repetition and overuse of the word "genuinely" meant it totally lost its meaning and therefore, didnt sound all that genuine anymore!!! haha. i think maybe he was nervous :-p As for me?! Naaah, im an old hand at these "banter banter, tell em what they want to hear" nonsense events! plus i tauht most of them in the junior school, so they all know me already! But yeah, aside from being queued up to talk to (hello EGO BOOST!!) i just said hello to the parents and reassured them of any worries or answeres queries etc till it emptied and i sloped off! I didnt stay till the end, cos theats when you get the REAL desperates... the parents who want to wrap their kids in cotton wool and check EVERYTHING to make sure they dont get anything wrong... Trust me, ive had some corkers in my time! like the parents who  were worrying about what colour pen their child should bring in and what size of pencil case he'd need... i mean PURLEEEEASE!!! they dont even start for another three months!!! worry about that in september!!

Okaaaay, mean-streak over! i know im a touch cynical :-p i DO get thats its scary sending your little treasures to senior school. but really... its just like junior school, but with taller pupils :-)

ANYways. so its been another busy day! (is there any other type for a teacher?!) And i love it!! Espesh after a weekend basically spent sat on my arse or sleeping, it felt good to get up and DO something. Altho it kindof reminded me that i should be trying to be less active now, its gonna be holidays soon and im not gonna cope well going straight from 100 miles per hour days down to snail-pace emptiness. Plus, physically it takes it out of me... i felt very tired and achey this afternoon. my feet hurt and i felt bad that id walked so much (even tho it was the same as usual) plus coming home, i started to feel abit dreading about doing my stretches tomo, today was a "no-stretch day" and now the "stretch days" are becoming less appealing! soooo, i was thinking maybe i just wont....?! HAH! is this for real?!? maybe my rational mind is finally ready to overtake the ED compulsions and give me a freaking BREAK!! all i can say is.... goodie!!! cos its about time :-p

Still, today is today and tomo is a whole sleep away. Im back in the unit and im pretty sure it will be a day to test my strength against the ED. cos for our lifestyles challenge tomo, we're going out again.... 

but this time, we're going to.... 

*drumroll please*

THE PUB! 
for LUNCH!!!

Crazy days eh?! its gonna be a scary one for sure. but these things are normal in everyday life and i very much want to be a part of NORMAL life. i dont wanna miss out on these social shenanigans, such as going out with friends to eat. cos ive missed enough fun already! i can do dinners at restaurants... but OOH, eating out in the day is a biiiiig old fear of mine! So yeah, lets see how tomo goes!

send me positive vibes people.... 
i have a feeling im gonna need some extra ED-kicking super strength
:-)

1 comment:

  1. It's me again! I don't know why but I was really psyched about your challenge tomorrow! Keep us updated on how it goes:D I'm sure you'll be able to do it just fine:) I remember last year when I went to London, we ate at pubs for lunch alot and I did struggle with ordering(choosing the safe, non pastry stuff) but one thing that did help me was just asking what the place recommends and getting it NO MATTER WHAT MY HEAD TELLS ME.

    As for the ip thing, I'm schooling so I'm doing outpatient but I did get admitted before. For the 'what to do in betweens', I mostly just go and hang out with others. I guess you could browse a library, organise your wardrobe, or just call someone on the phone and chat?

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete