Ahhh, its nice to be home!
I love going upto london, dont get me wrong... its fab to be able to just go up and stay for a couple of days, especially when my mum & sis's appartment is literally RIGHT on brick lane, so super convenient and fun :-) But it doesnt exactly feel 'comfortable'.... I know mum says i am always welcome to stay and its not technically my SISTERS appt, its shared with my mum, so she has no final say. but man does it feel like im stepping into her "zone". i feel like i shud take off my shoes and sit all upright and proper and ask to use the loo or something! Its annoying, cos it means i dont go up as much as id like and id like to be there ALOT. its an amazing place and id like to take advantage of all the stuff i could do in london, but its just not worth the hassle, y'know. cos i really dont feel very at ease there...
Anyways. im home now and its been quite a productive weekend if i say so myself!! Cos weirdly when its half term, weekends dont stress me as much, cos in effect its just a continuation of the week in terms of empty time. So when i got home on friday i wasnt too fussed about the upcoming few days... which was good cos i had my friend A over to have a lazy afternoon and watch crazy stupid love on DVD. Up to that day, i had never seen a ryan gosling film (ohmygaaaah, yup. i know. criminal isnt it?!) so she, being a mahoosive fan, decided to educate me on the man-candy that is the GOS. this film was actually hella good! with just the right amount of humour, sentimentality and plot twists... not to mention the development of two MAJOR crushes... both the buffster that is mr (please remove your shirt) gosling and also my new girl-crush emma stone, she is TOO funny :-)
well helloooooo handsome!!!
Now this isnt a blog about films, so ill pause there! It was good... and a nice intro to his films as i dont think i wouldve jumped straight into the infamous 'notebook' yet. i know everyone says its amazing, but im just sceptical cos im not a major fan of those kindof soppy gushfest films. but im open to trying it now!
What are your thoughts?
has anyone watched the notebook and LOVED it?!
Anyways, we had a fun old girly afternoon... We're gonna try and do it every friday now, next week i said lets try and introduce making a meal too, cos i was abit freaked out about what to do this week, as it was she left just before dinner... but next week we are gonna try and do a vegetarian curry thing, cos when she was travelling in thailand she did a cookery course thing, so she knows her thang!! shud be good, just as long as i leave my ED shizz at the door :-p
Saturday was a massive showdown of report writing. i literally sat my ass down and got through a bunch. it was tedious. my eyes hurt and i dont think i ever want to 'copy and paste' again! but im mostly done now, so just a few tweaks and additions to do when i get back to work tomo and then i shud be good for the deadline on fri.
wait, whats that? work tomo????
Nooooo!!!!
I cant believe how fast this weeks gone. but then again, i fit a fair amount into it!! I think (despite the fact that my eating went down the pan) i coped quite well. no major meltdowns, no full-on freakouts. I know i have to get my MP up again, but thats a given when i get back to work tomo and then even more so when im back in the unit on tues. what i HAVE managed to do, is feel alot better about being less active. i really hope i can keep up that mentality when i go back to being busy teacher girl tomo. i am more active there anyways, so cutting a few corners on my activity levels... walking less, sitting more etc, is what i will be aiming for..... so, Wish me luck :-)
I have a busy week coming up, but im looking forwards... i want to get back on track, i want to make this time count. im not scared anymore.... i kindof dont care. i know i have to do this and so who cares about those little niggles that have kept me delaying recovery for so long.... so what if i gain weight in my stomach, that IS normal!!! so what if i have to stop stretching, ill have more time to lie-in!! this change is a GOOD one, there may be unpleasant parts to it, but thats not a reason to not give it a go.
I havent changed much in a year, do i really want to waste another year just cos im too scared to see whats on the other side?!
Hope you've all had a good weekend... im gonna go and put my feet up for one last relaxing evening before the madness begins again (not that it ever stopped really! :-p)
In a while, smiles....
x



I'll be taking one of those smiles, ta chuck!
ReplyDeleteGet that meal plan back up PRONTO. It's great that you're slowing dowon on the activity because that's super important, but you must make sure not to compensate by reducing your intake. I know holidays can make everything a bit iffy - my eating changes when Mum is on half term too.
I hope this comment works, you know your blog hates me. You also asked a few posts back about exercise levels and how much/what people do and consider 'normal'. Personally, I don't do any exercise. I drive everywhere and I'm a classic couch potato and don't have a job or anything to walk around during the day. Lazy, yes, I know. Mum is a wee mite, my bro is also a skinny mini and neither do any excercise at all. My bro's activity goes bed --> car --> work --> car --> bed. That's it!
Once you stop walking everywhere and start getting lifts to the unit rather than walking there, and you realise nothing bad happens hopefully it will increase your confidence!
Your plan for Friday sounds brilliant, I'm super impressed with "I SUGGESTED A MEAL" - aces. My mate cooked for me a few months back and my ED HAD to shut up - I wasn'tprepared to look like an ungrateful biatch so accepted food I wouldn't usually allow myself.
That's a beast of a comment, apologies. You don't get a comment off me for ages (damn computer) and then a monster instead!