ask me a question here!

Sunday, 3 February 2013

confession


I hate my hands....




LikeREALLY hate them.

But its todays challenge topic - so ill share my reasons with you... Sharing is Caring, right?!


I dont have the best genetics for hands! my mums are HUGE... seriously, they could be man-hands. My sis has the same, they both have very flat-fingered and broad hands. Now Im reletively lucky in that mine are slightly smaller and my fingers are abit longer... but they are by no means delicate!!!


And all that is spoiled anyways, cos my blood disorder and subsequent raynauds disease means that the circulation around my hands and feet is slim to none.... and so its helloooooo attractive "dead hand" look :p

In winter its the worst. i get chillblains, which get swollen and sore... my hands get cracked and painful and if im not careful and ive been out in the cold, my hands can get frostbite. So i have to regulate the temperature by soaking them in lukewarm water until they settle. Its horrible :(


Not to mention the fact that they are ALWAYS a weird shade of every colour but normal! Blue, bright red, weirdy yellow patches?! ive had em all.... i mostly wear gloves, inside/outside. wherever! I have a very nice selection of fingerless gloves (for inside) mittens/regular gloves (for average outdoor temperatures) and big-ass padded gloves (for the colder days :p)



Ive always had issues with circulation and i used to be so jealous of people with nice hands... like manicured pretty hands. Ive had manicures, but to be honest... theres not much point! Especially working as an Art teacher - my hands get somewhat scuffed about anyways. I do like to wear nail varnish but in winter i dont see the point... my nails are blue anyways!!! I look forwards to summer, when hopefully they will be easier!

till then... Gloves are where this girls hands are hidden!!


:-)




2 comments:

  1. Don't worry. You're not alone :D I have really small hands and people tease me about it.. with chubby fingers then small nails that's hard to paint coz they're so small. haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like my hands either i though it was just me being odd !! Coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete