In case you didnt get the clue yest, this post will be about
Market Day!!!
French Garlic, Is there anything better?!?
Now in France, market day is a big old deal... its when all the women (or men) of the house go and stock up on fresh produce. Back in the days before supermarkets, markets like these were the primary source of food, of course you had your butcher, baker and candlestick maker in the local village, but market day was a chance for people to get out a socialise while getting the best of the fresh fruit and veg on offer.
LOVES IT :-)
I think its such a shame that we dont appreciate these traditions so much today, with more and more tescos and sainsburys popping up all over the place, there isnt much call for individual vendors to sell their products, which is why i love going to farmers markets and fruit and veg stalls to see the amazing things that our earth produces (all shapes and sizes peeps, theres no need for perfect symmetry in nature!)
So when market day rolled around, i put on my favourite (and quite appropriate i think) vintage skirt.....
Tutti Frutti!
....and gathered my bags for some serious grocery shopping (and photographing!)
So there you have it!!! I shopped till i dropped, and i have to say that it was better than ANY of the fruit & veg you buy in the supermarket... theres something about fresh that definitly tastes best!
Oh wait, i forgot the best part!
HOLY YUM!!!
I thought id died and gone to honey heaven...
There is nothing like french mountain honey. it is the sweetest, most fragrant and delicious honey there is... HANDS DOWN! i managed to squeeze a couple of jars of this liquid goodness into my suitcase and im having a spoonful (or 5) a day, long may it last!!! (ive hidden it at the back of the shelf so nobody pinches it, hehehe!)
Hope you enjoyed the pics!
Do you love open air fruit & veg markets?
or are you a fast food superstore shopper?!?
xxx

These pictures are gorgeous!! And I LOVE open air fruit and veg markets..we definitely need more of them in this country!! And oh my god, I am SO jealous of the honey! I have recently discovered how YUM this stuff is, I don't blame you for hiding it at the back of the cupboard! And look at all those donut peaches! WOWW! They are amazingg!! I've been having one everyday since I discovered them :P
ReplyDeletexxxx
oh my word - you have a wonderful market in your town full of beautiful produce! lovely photos, as well - and I just adore that skirt. You're right - very fitting, too :P
ReplyDeleteI love going to farmer's markets, too. They are so much closer and more personal than buying from big companies or grocery stores who's fruit has traveled thousands of miles! i think know that alone makes the veggies and fruit taste even better ;)