ask me a question here!

Thursday, 9 December 2010

perks of the festive season


Somedays...
...i just LOVE being a teacher!!!

Like when holidays roll around and you have a blissful 3 and a 1/2weeks off to do whatever you please! (in my case, a family holiday away to the sun....hehe)
OOOOH yeah! gimme some of that winter heat. no freezing tootsies for ME this xmas eve! seriously despite all the scaryness of
a) being on a plane for a GOOD 10hours (im a terrible flyer!)
b) having to share a room with the sis (urrrrrrrr scary)
c) having to try and eat/drink/be merry in a strange place with no escape and no time to myself and NO exercise! (Biiiiiiiiiiigtime SCARY!)

But thats another post for another day. Im not gonna worry myself about that till at least next week! (i bet you cant WAIT for that post now, can ya?!)

No, back to the teacher thing.... what i love almost as much as the holidays, is the pre-holiday giftage!!!

I have had a few xmas cards trickle in so far, i imagine the main bulk will be given out next week (we break up on weds...) saying that, i hope they will... im being abit presumptuous, maybe all my pupils hate me and wont send me cards?! Noooooooo! i cant take the rejection!!!

Nah, im sure they will :-)

Today i got my first presents!!!

A bottle of wine (one wonderful kid's parents give all his teachers a bottle as a gift.... now THATS they way to get good grades! subtle bribery gets you everywhere :-p)
Then one of the kids gave me a card with this weird sweet that he got in France on the school trip they went on last week. he said he'd been saving it for me cos i was the only teacher with a sense of humour (hmm, is that good or bad?!?!)

Either way...
...it certainly made me chuckle!

Mmm, camel balls!

You've gotta love them kids!

Did you ever get your teacher a gift at the end of term?? I have actually received an apple before!!! I mean HOW cliche?!? I still had it tho :-p

Anyways, its nearly the weekend peeps, woop woop!
(altho i have a TON of work to do, end of term also means report writing. Booooooo!)


6 comments:

  1. Ha! Camel Balls, its good that ur pupils are so relaxed with you! i cant believe your holiday break is soo soon! argh, be excited, not scared, itll be great ;) f xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute!! Camel balls. that's so original :D
    so glad to hear you are enjoying what you're doing my love
    sending you loads of care
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bottle of wine?! Me thinks I need to get into the teaching profession!! haha. I would only get my FAVOURITE teachers a gift...usually a box of chocolate, but once, my friend and I chipped in for a toiletries gift basket for an amazing math teacher who saved our booties that semester in high school. Haha the Camel Balls made me laugh :D They sound...yummy? Haha

    izzyy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute post! I used to get my teachers coffee gift cards all the time. Perhaps it wasn't as thoughtful as camel balls (hahaha!) but who doesn't like coffee?? : )

    xxx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello,
    found your blog last night and enjoyed rummaging through the months reading little bits here and there.

    It's nice to find another UK blog. I love reading american blogs because its like a different culture etc but there's no place like home, right?

    My boyfriends mum and sister are both teachers and some of the presents they get are cute...odd...or every tummy.
    One really little girl got his mum a teddy that you could pre-record a voice onto and it said something along the lines of "thank you, i love you" <3

    children are adorable
    i never got my teachers anything..apart from a christmas card or chocolates! original I know!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so CUTE! Its so good that you love what you do…I always remember giving my teacher flowers, haha! Children are the sweetest things!

    x

    ReplyDelete