I PASSED MY CHALLENGE!!!!
Ahh, im feeling alot more upbeat today :-) I felt like yesterday i didnt start the week off so well as i wasnt that hungry and i had so much stuff to do during the day that my eating wasnt what it shud have been. so i told myself that today was the day, that i would confront one of my fears
Fear 1: Eating at a takeaway lunch place.
(rather than a pre-packed calorie labelled sandwich)
And i did it!
I was such a dork tho, ive genuinely never been into a subway before, so i didnt understand all the queuing and different stations and stuff. i was waiting for ages at the checkout before i realised they were asking me to pick out a bread type from the other end of the shop!! oops :-p
Anyway, here is my visual journey (as PROOF!!!)

Here's our lovely local subway establishment... check out the intimate pavement dining for 2!

Just about to unwrap my new friend... Dun Dun Durrrrr!

La piece de resistance... My First Subway Sammie... so proud!
So that was my lunchtime taken care of! It was pretty darned good. Altho it is a little far to get to when im working a busy day, so i wont be investing in a loyalty card just yet :-p But im sure i will be ok to eat there again. which is the whole point of conquering a fear right?!?
I dont know why i was so scared of this particular brand of sandwiches... i guess its cos its fast food, but does fast food necessarily mean its unhealthy?? Maybe its the fact that its like a deli and you dont know the calorie content of whats going in there.
Does anyone else have an 'irrational' food fear?
(all mine seem to be pretty irrational come to think of it!!!)
Either way, im glad i did it! (even if i was a little scared when i unwrapped this monster!) BUT i was pleased with myself cos even tho my ED was shouting, thats huuuge! It started off saying "you dont need all that, your not even hungry! why dont you eat half and then leave the rest...." but when i ploughed on regardless it switched tactics, saying "come on, just leave some of the bread at least, there's way to much carbage going on in there...." But i wasnt having it today. i was going to finish that damn sub and be proud of it.
And i DID. so HA!
take that nasty ED....
Hope everyone out there is having a good and positive day full of rewarding challenges.
It feels so good to have finally done something good! :-)
What challenge have you faced recently?
Or is there one you plan on tackling soon?!?
Next on my list is getting more carbs into my evening meal... Fear 2: CARBSSSS
i tend to load up on veggies instead then make up for it with a big nighttime snack (i TOLD you my fears were irrational!) So any advice for getting a good carb/protein ration for dinnertime people?? Recipes welcome!!! xxx

I am SO proud of you lovely!! YAAAAYYY!!! And once you do a challenge the next time it is easier and then eventually you'll be like 'uhh why was that even a challenge?!' That's what I'm like with loads of my foods now..particularly peanut butter LOL.
ReplyDeleteoooh carbs for evening meal eh...my favourite at the moment has got to be sweet potato. I am a bit addicted to it at the moment lol..tonight I had it with a homemade quorn chilli and another time I had it cut up and roasted with a chicken breast and then before that I had it cut up into 'fries' and put it with a veggie burger. YUM! And it's a 'safe' food to start off with..I guess like rice and couscous are so maybe you could try these too?
These challenges you make yourself will pay off I promise. You're one step closer to a happier healthier life sweetie :)
xxxx
YAY for conquering fears!!! It's so funny, whenever I think of all (yes, ALLLLL) of my ED-related food-fears, I'm like "SEEERIOUSLY??!". THey really are irrational, yet they keep us from living a normal life. Must say, that sammie looks deeeelightful :)
ReplyDeleteI struggle with the making up for food with a "huge late-night snack", too. Lately, I've been over coming by planning my food a little better. I forewent planning because I thought it was an ED-bahviour, but when you think of it, is depriving yourself of a variety of foods and what you need NOT an ED behaviour??
Anyways, good on you, girlie! Keep up the amazing work!
izzyy
xxoxo
Yey - well done on the Subway sandwich, you had my favourite - although with the onions but I'll ignore that little slip up!
ReplyDeleteAn irrational fear food of mine is still margerine. It's strange as I don't mind eating a chocolate bar once in a while but I get very panicky about margerine in mash/on bread. Which is totally stupid as it's an easy way to add in the calories. I do have some though - always a bit on a toasted teacake!
Keep up the good wotk xxx
Yey - well done on the Subway sandwich, you had my favourite - although with the onions but I'll ignore that little slip up!
ReplyDeleteAn irrational fear food of mine is still margerine. It's strange as I don't mind eating a chocolate bar once in a while but I get very panicky about margerine in mash/on bread. Which is totally stupid as it's an easy way to add in the calories. I do have some though - always a bit on a toasted teacake!
Keep up the good wotk xxx
You did a great job my sweets. yes that's right. YOU did a great job! :) and you made a good choice with Subway! I LOVE their products!
ReplyDeletei don't tend to have a massive fear food, as in one that stands out the most, but i'm still extremely scared of full fat products such as yoghurts and cheese! xx
Lots of veggies during the day and snack attack at night?
ReplyDeleteStory of my life!