ask me a question here!

Wednesday, 30 June 2010

better days...

To all you lovelies who reached out to me yest after my (somewhat dramatic) blogpost! i just wanna say a massive, big..... 

Thankyou :-)

I was having a really bad day, it was sh*tty... But your encouraging comments and support helped me pull thru the slump and come out the other side a more positive and determined person than ever. I cant even begin to tell you how much i have come to appreciate all you readers out there who both inspire and motivate me to keep going when things feel tough. 

The fact that i could come on here and vent my mood yesterday and almost immediately get a response from someone giving me words of advice and support is such a big deal for me. I no longer feel alone and isolated in this struggle, i know there are other people out there with the same worries and problems as me and i am not 'weird' for feeling these things.

I can happily say that after this pick-me-up, i went on to challenege myself to a big pasta dinner, which i ate and enjoyed! I have finally realised that the way to beat my ED thoughts is to roll with the opposite of what they tell me! 
Example: Lastnite i felt like having pasta, my body wanted it. But part of me (and you can guess which part!) thought differently, it didnt like the fact that id already had a big carby sandwich for lunch, it didnt think i shud have MORE carbs. but the sensible part of me, the part that actually wants to try new things and get better, said that if i want pasta i shud have pasta. And y'know what.... i listened to that voice! and as i ate my pasta, i felt good!!! Not guilty, not fat, not even particularly bloated. just good. My body had been given what it wanted for the first time in a long time and it was happy, so i was happy. 

Could this be a turning point for me????

I damn well hope so! 
Im not gonna imagine that suddenly i'll be cured and it'll all be an easy downhill ride from here, that would be naive (and a little bit stupid!) but i think ive had a shift in mentality.... Im gonna try listening to my body for a change, try and get that good voice to shout a little louder. 
Cos when i did, it felt good. I felt in control in a totally different way to the ED control, it was more of a teamwork kindof control, like me and my body, working together! (i know that sounds so cheesy, but it had to be said!!!) 

i need to trust myself again...
if i trust my body to tell me what it needs then i can follow that lead

I just hope you guys'll stick around to see me reach my goal, cos when i do... i'll be thanking you again :-)




1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely stick around!! Yay for pasta dinners, they're delish, no? I love that you called you and your body team work. That isa perfect way to describe it...listening to EXACTLY what your body is telling you, and doing it!

    Awesome!

    Love,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete