ask me a question here!

Friday, 17 June 2011

pack your mac


Urhhhh i hate the rain.


Seriously, i swear i am a MUCH nicer person when its sunny and warm :-p

But today i knew it was gonna rain. I check the weather every night and sadly people of the UK, we have a good week of rain and boo-hiss-bad-weather to (not) look forwards to. So, since i cant control the sky (why oh why am i not in x-men, i would ACE that lifestyle!) i am trying to mentally prepare myself instead... cos being ready for rain is one thing. but being caught out without an umbrella, is not cool. I did that last time and i was not impressed!! Neither were the kids at school today tho, its their sports day on monday and it doesnt take mystic meg to predict that its likely to be a wash out.... all i can say is im glad i dont have to do it! bahahahaha. suckas!


Anyways, to get in with my weatherly "preparations", i made an unplanned and totally out of character, trip to millets today!!! Now if you're not in the UK, millets is a high-street camping shop. Its full of your regular tents and sleeping bags, camping stoves and all that fresh, exciting, outdoorsy stuff that comes with it. Now ill let you in on a little secret (well its more common knowledge than a secret, but work with me...) Im not exactly the outdoorsy type. what a SHOCKER! Dont get me wrong, i LOVE being outside, whether thats walking my doggy or messing abouut in the park on a nice sunny day. And im not one of those "cant leave the house without a full face of makeup on" (case in point, the other day i was running late and only put eyeliner on ONE eye!!! im such an idiot!!! i only notcied when i got to work and luckily i had my eyeliner in my bag. somehow i dont think the patch the dog look is coming into fashion anytime soon!) But camping? In the rain? With a teeny tiny gas stove and some "pour on hot water and serve" packet food? No ta....! i LIKE my creature comforts, give me a nice, warm bed and running hot water anyday! surely they class as a necessity, right?!

So you can imagine i felt a little out of place in such an establishment :p But in i went, cos this girl had a mission...
oh yes. This girl wanted to buy
a "pack-a-mac"!!!

Yup, i love my fashion... but sometimes you've gotta go with convenience! (mainly so that you can keep said nice clothes "wear-worthy") So i succumbed to the lure of functional clothing. I knew it was gonna rain and while i managed to avoid it going into work this morning, i knew my luck wouldnt last out twice (and i was right, it bucketed it down all afternoon and let me check.... YUP, its still going strong now!)
So after purchasing my delightful new garment, and scurrying out of the shop away from the other shoppers and their sensible hiking shoes and sturdy outdoors attire! I then had to figure out how to open the damn jacket - FYI it unfolds from the pocket out, confusing much?!?! I then bundled myself up in its waterproofy goodness and set off home. JOB DONE! (oh except for the small matter of my trousers being drenched. meh... you win some you lose some!)

Other than that its been a pretty standard day. Lots of work and now that im home, ALOT of rest! the mumatron is away till tomo and she took the pooch, so i have the casa to myself! Blissssss :-)

Tomo the boy comes back down to visit and a group of us are heading out on the tooooooown. i dunno where we will go yet, but im not stressing. Spontaneous plans are NORMAL and i will not let my silly ED anxieties get in the way of me having a nice time. i am in charge!!!!

do you like spontaneity or are you a meticulous planner?

Im a list-maker fo sho.

Have you got anything fun planned for your weekend??

Whatever you're doing, have yourselves a fantastico weekend!
:-p

3 comments:

  1. Ahem. I wore a kagoole MOST of the time at the festival I went to last weekend :P definitely an occasion for function over fashion! I like wearing pretty clothes, but I also like keeping them dry and not ending up chilled to the bone. Yup :)

    I hope you and the boy have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely just googled pac-a-mac cause I had NO idea what you were referring to =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what a pac-a-mac was either! Now I do though :) Learn something everyday!

    Have a fantastic weekend :)

    Scott

    ReplyDelete