ask me a question here!

Sunday, 15 May 2011

supersunday


Thats right people, the sun is out (kindof, if you shussh the clouds out the way) and today is super! there are a number of reasons for this high accolade....

OBVS because firstly... its the weekend still! and we all love the weekend. Saturday is fun, but i tend to still be in "work mood", by sunday im chilllllllled. (well usually, unless i have a BIG SCARY thing happening, which it did but i was ok!) see numero dos

secondly: i survived the sister visit (woopwoop!) yup. i did good! SHE however was a pain in the ass! mum wanted to go out for dinner, but they would get back from london too late, so instead we thought... takeaway?! SISTER SAID NO. yup, she didnt want to eat anything other than plain fish and salad... urhhh HELLO?!?!?! (ring any "youre sooo not recovered" bells?!) but hey, thats her deal. its not like she doesnt have a gazillion other issues going on. i no longer have to upset myself by comparing. sure its difficult as HELL, cos as soon as i ok myself with eating more, she comes along, restricts and makes me feel guilty. but even tho, i admit... part of me liked that we didnt get a massive big meal, i DID manage to have my pudding and bedtime cereal, when usually... i wouldnt have felt comfortable! i wont let her presence affect me, there's a difference in me now. cos i want to be healthy :-)

thirdly: today i see the boy :-) And you know what..... im kindof looking forwards to seeing his silly face!

Have you got any issues with family members affecting your eating?
Do you compare yourself with people you shouldnt?

I think its something i will always have to work on, but at least i can rationalise that everyone is different and therefore what I need, will not be the same as what someone ELSE needs....

Hope you're having a super weekend!!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. comparing myself to other people is definitely one of my biggest issues. it's always so hard to believe that i need MORE than someone else! recognizing that is hugehugehuge though, and a mark of just how strong you are.

    glad you had a good weekend :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellooo :)

    I hope you had fun with your boy yesterday! Well done for surviving the sister visit too, that must have been stressful. I used to compare myself to my younger sister - she's naturally slim and eats very intuitively, and I was sure that I would naturally be much bigger than her if I didn't keep my weight artificially low. But what I didn't realise is that her weight is entirely normal - even though she's very slim her BMI is still around 20-21, I was just underestimating it because...well, because I was ill and not thinking straight. And that was really only caused by the anorexia too, now I'm healthy I don't give a monkey's which of us weighs more. I can barely remember why I cared in the first place - it was just another random ED obsession. I can understand why your sister's eating habits upset you, but she's damaging her health and not allowing herself to be happy by eating like that. You're in a much better position because you understand that you have a problem and you have some motivation to overcome it. In the long term you will be much better off than her, poor thing.

    I hope you're having a good start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am soooo glad it went well with your sister- i know how hard that can be for you!!! Yee this was great news! and I am so excited for everything upcoming for you, it sounds like things are turning :)
    Love you amazing girl!
    -kimi

    ReplyDelete