guess what, i tried something NEW today!
As i went for my usual luncho, my eyes rested on a newbie product on the sandwich shelf... a roasted butternut squash wrap with red pepper hummus. Oooooh!
Now i have to confess that i have never tried butternut squash! Ive seen so many blogs shouting out about its marvelous goodness, but for some reason i just never quite braved it! i always thought it looked a bit too mushy, a bit too bleugh... i dunno! Maybe its just the idea of mixing butter, nuts and squash all together (cos that wud be quite a dish!) it just didnt appeal. (i did this with minced pies too, ever since i was a kid i actually thought it was MINCEMEAT in the pastry, like a weird meaty sweet thing, it baffled the hell outta me and i never got through it! I am slightly better educated as to the ingredients now, but i still hate em! (im not a fan of stewed up cooked fruit anyways, so that kindof sealed the deal)
But today, in the spirit of trying to make this week about changes... i thought, screw it. Im gonna try something different for a change!
Not to say i didnt escape the usual ED shizz, "you might not like it.... its unsafe... stick to your usual..." (man, doesnt it EVER get tired of that same old routine?!?!) but i thought, well if i dont like it then i can chuck it and have something else... its not the end of the world! cos what if ive been missing out on something great all this time!?!
So i took a leap of faith. i got the wrap (pricier than my usual, but hey... nobody said change was cheap!) and i enjoyed every bite. It was totally different to what id imagined, spicier than id expected with a pleasant kick from the hummus.
All in all... a chance worth taking!

So people. Here's to taking chances!
cos you never know unless you try, right?!?!
Anyway, i have therapy tomo... so hopefully my T will appreciate the work ive been doing this week. i hope he sees that i AM trying, despite my somewhat slow progress. Im worried he's just gonna focus on my weight... so im scared to say the least. I dont think ive made significant enough changes to have gained much. But i am making the necessary steps to get myself comfortable with the idea of gaining....
Thats gotta count for something, surely!
im keepin my fingers crossed

I HAD THAT WRAP TOO!! From M&S? I wasn't a big fan either...and I couldn't taste OR see any hummus!! Good thing I got carrots and hummus on the side =)
ReplyDeleteYAAYYY CLEMMY!!! I'm so proud of you for pushing yourself!! You're absolutely right, even if your weight hasn't shown a lot of progress this week it doesn't matter because you're doing what you need to be to get well! The scale will begin to show this more as your body adjusts to trying these new foods. I'm SURE your therapist will recognize and validate every single step you've taken because they have been significant!
ReplyDeleteBTW...in a comment on my blog you asked how my exercise has been. In all honesty, pretty bad. I need to start cutting it down again. Ugh. How has yours been?? Maybe we can make some type of pact together to take 5 or 10 minutes off per day? I don't know if that would help...?
I'm so proud of you!!
xxx