ask me a question here!

Thursday, 13 January 2011

procrastination!



My oh My, what a week its been so far!!!

Im just gonna jump straight in and say please dont hate me but....

Im not going IP.

Now i was very tempted to write that in small lettering, but then i thought... F*CK it! i made a decision, it was hard as hell. but im proud of myself for doing it!

I have spent the past few days tearing my hair out trying to figure out what the best path for me is, shud i just drop everything and go IP? shud i hang in there, give this another shot and then reasses in april and do the IOP thing?

ARGHHHGHGH!!!!

well. i made a choice.

It might not be the right one, but its the best one for me right now... The pressure that i was feeling about choosing NOW whether i shud go in or not, the fact that i had a time limit to decide, the fact that i was stressing so much about the consequences of my job, being away etc... was alos not helpful. I dont want to put myself in a situation that i am uncomfortable with, whats the point in that!?! as if i wouldnt have enough stress and anxiety in there, i dont need any added extras....

Plus, i have been feeling so much more positive now that ive got back into a routine. I eat better at school, no doubts there. But i also feel like i have purpose, y'know? before i tend to coast along, not really doing much, not having a social life, not feeling happy with myself but not knowing quite how to change things.... when im at school, i feel ALIVE. i feel like those kids need me (haha!) like they value my opinion and enjoy my presence... its an overwhelmingly motivational feeling!!! (seriously, they shud make you teach kids for therapy!)

Okaaaaay, maybe not!
it does tend to raise the stress levels somewhat, but you get my drift :-p

So thankyou all for your incredible messages of support and advice, i read thru each and every one and felt so thankful that i have such wonderful people in my life :-) But i had to make this decision, this step towards my OWN recovery.... Not letting myself give up the fight in favour of hat i believed to be the idea of a nice cushy "let someone else do the hard work" recovery.
If i went IP for a month, yeah, id gain more weight than i probably will at home, but i would still then have to come home and continue the process here. better that i tackle it here and now, DEAL with the issues that i have with my routines and my control rather than run away from them and then face them all when i come back.... i cant hide from it. its gotta be tackled at some point!

I know that if i can gain some much needed weight in the next 2 months and THEN go iop, then i will have a much better grasp on dealing with the mental side of this illness. My mum has agreed to be more of a "bad cop" than the softy that she really is! She is going to be making my evening meals so that i am forced to lessen my control of what goes into my food, cos right now, the fear of not knowing what my meals been made with, unknown quantities of oil etc.. means that i get VERY stressed! but thats not normal! i want to be able to let other people have their fun in the kitchen too! I need to learn to share!! When ive gained, then hopefully, things will be alot clearer and ill be able to stand up to ED and fight back like the stubborn fighter that i am! At the moment, my brain is ED mush.... it just wants to stick with what it knows. My fear of the unknown is ridonk! which is why im gonna make changes.... cos the only person who can do that is me, right?! If i want things to change, i need to initiate and STICK to those changes.

I saw this quote today and it just spoke to me. I felt like i was meant to see this...

"Remember, you are the only person on earth who can use your ability"
(Zig Zigler)


I mean, HELLOOOOO??!!?!? that is EXACTLY what i needed to hear! :-)

So thankyou again lovely readers, and i invite YOU to remind yourself, that you too are unique and wonderful in your own ways, and you are the only one who can use your abilities for what you what. Make your own future, it can be whatever you want it to be... but make it YOURS!


Big Love
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Clemmy!

    No one would ever hate you for making this decision! I am SO proud of you! You took other people's advice in but still were able to make a decision based solely on what is best for YOU. That's not an easy task my dear but YOU did it! I wish I could give you a big hug!

    We are in such similar places. I feel as if I just made the same decision myself. Increased OP care has been helping me so far, although I won't deny that I am still stuck in many of my behaviors. IP is great but you're absolutely right that once we're out we cannot escape the temptations of our home environments. Sooner or later we have to learn to maintain recovery at home too! Now that school has started back up again and you havea more structured schedule it will be less stressful for you to push forward at home. Also, I'm sure your mom's help will leave such an impact.

    You CAN do this Clemmy! Don't ever doubt yourself love. You're capable of absolutely anything you set your mind to. Stay strong!!

    xxx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. clemmy,
    only YOU know YOU. a few months ago i was in a position that could have very easily gotten me into a hospital. but i said 'no way'. i was done with hospitals, done with the games and realized it was time to take on the initiative for ME, and ME only. since that time, i've worked my way back up to the top and continue to progress for ME.

    sometimes a little self-initiative can go a long way. do this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your decision my love and no one could be mad at you for making it for your life!
    I am right behind whatever you choose to do in your life for recovery!
    Message me if you need anything. you know your farty-twinny is right here ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in you :) it is totally possible for people to recover without inpatient treatment. It can be an incredibly empowering experience to take your life back from this illness, and people will be commenting on your bravery and strengh for years afterwards. Go for it - there is nothing to say that you can't try IP later on if you are still strugging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The right decision is the one you make for yourself. If you feel that you can recover without IP, then do it! Im here for you all the way, and i know for me, I am not going back to IP again. I can get though this myself, & you can too!

    ReplyDelete