well peoples, today was all about the beach :-)
Ita not intentional, but whenever i get near to the sea, im drawn to the beach... i love it. i love the way the sand and shells crunch beneath your feet, i love the wind whipping in my hair (altho not so much loving the tangled mess afterwards!) and more than anything, i love my little poochums showing how barve she is by chasing the waves back and forth...
"yes pepper, the waves DO come back to get you!!"
Hey, whats with all this water??!?
You might be wondering why i was at the beach?! well, my mum sells some of her vintage stuff in a shop on this little island near where we live, its a cute little shop on a cute little seaside island and i LOVE going there... its the kind of place where people say hello to you as you walk past and it smells of fresh air and the sea... happy children run around and sailing boats bob in the sea, sounds idyllic right?! Well get this, they even have a local SEAL!!! no joke, it swims up to the pier and basks in the attention, such a diva :-p
So i went down to help out in the shop, but distraction got the better of me and i went down to the seafront with my little doggy to see what adventures could be found. I like this island cos its so small! you can literally walk around the whole thing in about half an hour! but since im not supposed to be doing much walking these days :-( i decided to just stroll to the front and have a look at the pretty houses.... im such a house spotting geek, i love architecture and i have some high standards! i can happily say that there are a few houses on this island that i would be glad to live in. its quite hampton-esque in places (for those americans out there) but there are also a few very quaint english chocolate box cottages.....
As for pepper, she loves the beach and had quite the time of her life, frolicking in the sea... i let her to start with, but then she saw another dog IN the water and decided maybe it wasnt so scary after all!!! IN SHE JUMPED, four paws at once, she got a fright tho and ran straight out, scampering like a crazyhound and rolled in the sand to dry off... wet sandy dog??? Grrrreat :-p
Hmm, wary at first....
Better "sniff it and see"....
*At this point pepper braved the tide and jumped in... oh yes. Sadly i didnt take a pic cos i was desperately trying to get her out before she swam out to sea never to be seen again!!!*
Ooh a jellyfish, tasty??? Eurgh, NOT tasty!!
So after an afternoon of sea air, i feel refreshed and satisfied. Im now about to chill out on the sofa with my mama, and watch some big brother. How bad is it that so many people have walked out already?! it seems like they're replacing people quicker than they get them in!
Tomo is therapy again and my morning will be spent making blooooooberry muffins for my CBT challenge. I have to try and retrain my mind to not be afraid of fear foods. If ive made the muffin myself, completely from scratch and i know whats gone into it, then the fear is removed, right??? We'll see. im going into it with an open mind and a positive outlook, but something tells me that i might still be a little bit scared by the big bad muffin..... Im only human after all!!!
Hope you all enjoyed my seaside adventure! I sure did....
When was the last time you went to the seaside??
Do you have any seaside traditions??
i used to collect seashells, i had a gazillion of them and kept them in jars... eventually i had to resign myself to chucking alot of them away. Lukily, now i live so close to the beach, i can see the sea whenever i like.... (i think this cured me of my seashell obsession, much to my mums gratitude!)
happy thursday lovelies, yipee... its almost the weekend!!!
xxx

I absolutely love the beach! And the sea, or a lake or whatever...I love the sea shells and the beautiful water...and it's so peaceful too. So calm and refreshing. Ahh I just love it. And the air! Plus, I think it's theraputic to breathe sea air. or something like that. But yes the sea is just so amazing.
ReplyDeleteYour puppy is super cute, by the way.
I hope you're doing well! Good luck with your blueberry muffin. What helps with a home-made food challenge like that, is when I'm baking, I do it very slowly, and idk just pour a lot of love into the batter I know that sounds corny, but I do. I try to make it a masterpiece. Then it's something I'm so proud of and I appreciate it that much more, which makes it easier for me.
Love always,
Alexandra!
oh my gosh those pictures are so pretty! love the one of your dog + the jellyfish. that's hilarious. was it dead? do the dead ones still sting? i have no idea. it's been tooooo long since i've been to the beach,like three/four years, eep! :)
ReplyDeletelucie
beautiful, beautiful photos! I'm going to the beach this week :) it's my favorite place in the world. I've been conquering fear foods as well! you tell that muffin who's boss.
ReplyDeleteHey! i am fortunate enough to live like, 5minutes walk from the sea, and i looove it! the air is so fresh and its so nice to just walk along the seaside path. I have been religiously every day got the last two weeks, i just love it. Good luck with ur CBT challenge tomorrow, i know u will rock it out!
ReplyDeletexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx