ask me a question here!

Sunday, 24 August 2014

you know what...


...Sometimes the grass ISNT greener on the other side!!!


I travelled to the other side of the world and spent a year living in a different country away from my friends, family and everything i knew...

And i am so freaking glad i did!

Not cos life was better over there (altho the weather was a plus) But because i took my life back into my own hands. I left a shitty situation and forged a new path... It didnt miraculously solve anything, i still have my fair share of issues and struggles, but now that im back - i can see things more clearly. I appreciate things so much more. I dont over-value possesions and prioritise my habits and behaviours above other people. I try and practice self-care. Its hard but i CAN allow myself to stop and rest now. I no longer strive to be the best or to constantly be busy so that i dont have to think about other things. Yes i prefer to be busy, its easier to deal when im with other people... but sometimes that doesnt happen and i have to accept that i cant rely on it to be okay. 

All in all, ive made progress. And i intend to KEEP making progress... it may take me time to conquer all my demons and i know that some may be with me for life. but they will not dictate my life anymore, my life is MINE and nobody else's!!! And that my friends,

Is why i'm happy to be home!


x :) x

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you girl!!! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete